Heiko Recktenwald on Sun, 9 Dec 2018 05:12:00 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> "THERE IS NO PEACE WITHOUT DIGITAL PEACE" (Micosoft)

They are activ with this topic since two years or so. First in questions of law of armed conflict (LOAC), autonomous weapon systems, man in the loop or not. And the general topic that you quoted. But be real, what a blabla. People have no voice in such questions that are decided by states. As in the Geneva conventions and the additional protocolls. You cant expect more than LOAC. NATO has allready wrtitten that paper. The usual stuff. Dont kill more civilians than necessary for your military purpose.

But ok, lets paint peace.

Google does not want to participate in this run for better weapon systems. They dont want to kill. And the friends of those weapons say: Dont overlook the lifes of our soldiers that dont have to kill themselves.

Here is something from todays Wapo:

Best, H.