Sivasubramanian M on Thu, 14 Mar 2019 01:20:20 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> more brexit spam.. sorry

On Thu, Mar 14, 2019, 7:46 AM Keith Hart <keith@thememorybank.co.uk> wrote:

“No deal can’t be taken off the table; it is the table.” You’ll hear this clever sound bite in Twitter feeds on both sides of the Brexit divide, but it suffers from the serious defect of being wrong. When we talk about no deal being the table, we mean that it is the present default position. No deal is now the ultimate default position. But no deal can be taken off the table.

An alternative ultimate default is that we remain in the EU.

That makes better sense than a no deal brexit.
.
#  distributed via <nettime>: no commercial use without permission
#  <nettime>  is a moderated mailing list for net criticism,
#  collaborative text filtering and cultural politics of the nets
#  more info: http://mx.kein.org/mailman/listinfo/nettime-l
#  archive: http://www.nettime.org contact: nettime@kein.org
#  @nettime_bot tweets mail w/ sender unless #ANON is in Subject: