Morlock Elloi on Sat, 23 Mar 2019 03:10:42 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> rage against the machine

It looks like Boeing hired car salesman. These are the options that you may choose to add (and pay extra, like heated seats) with your brand new 737 MAX purchase:

Option #32: "Angle of attack disagree light": informs pilots about discrepancy between nose direction and airflow, in pre-stall condition. May mean faulty sensors.

Option #47: "AOA indicator" similar but different. Provides continual visualization of airflow vs. nose.

Neither Ethiopian Airlines nor Lion Air chose to pay for these ... options.

There is no excuse for such criminal product packaging. Anyone doing it or defending it should be burned at stake in any civilized country. The fact that it will not happen is the best statement about the times we live in.

ps. I made up option numbers. In reality they are likely 3-digit.