Felix Stalder on Thu, 28 Mar 2019 10:07:42 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> EU == USSR v2.0 ?

On 27.03.19 22:05, Morlock Elloi wrote:

> EU is really another attempt at communism.

As I just wrote in another post, I think the US (and the UK and the EU)
far facing a similar structural crisis as the USSR faced in the 1970s.
Whether these countries turns out to be like the USSR, depends on their
ability to reform and respond the the nature of the crisis.

I'm not hopeful, but the analogy has nothing to do with communism. The
EU is a neo-liberal project, at its core (which, to me, is still better
than nationalism, but far from good).

Felix