podinski on Mon, 15 Apr 2019 14:10:18 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Guardian Live on Assange's arrest

Hi all,

and Thx Molly for your post!

I was hoping more women might weigh in here... ( with all the possible
anger flying from the personal life scandal loops ... and there is one
potent feminist angle that seems more unavoidable than others ... That
if the US extradition now takes priority over the 7 year brouhaha of
Sweden's supposed case, then it displays a extra patriarchal
discrimination, from all those who believed in it, or at least pretended
to. )

And your post hit on some key points + good focus ... for me...

Namely that analogy to Mai Lai... and the fact that any new media
tactics will have to consider that Truth Exposed does not quite have the
same value/ bang ( in the over-mediated predicaments of cyber-spaced
orbits ) and is NOT effectively disrupting the warmongers and those
upper tiers of power so much.  Which also makes me wonder about the
value of high tech imagery vs. up-close analogue-made pictures dripping
in technicolor blood... nor the stench of burning bodies ( not that Life
Mag outlet could or would do much with that, there were at least
reporters then on-the -ground who were probably permanently changed by
the experiences )... Thus, something to say here about the cold distance
of the hyper-technical reach + medium !  That grainy b/w camera shot
from over a kilometer away.... And one might even take time to analyze
the fact that Assange himself had now been reduced to trading bits on
screens, like a stock trader sitting in front of multiple screens. ...
which might say something here about his later "cubicle-politics" and
his decision to deal in only DNC dirt. (?)

But before i digress into all the possible complaints + nitpickings of
how the later-JA maneuvered in a very cornered and compromised state...

We DO want to focus on solidarity for journalists and/or straight-up
(h)activists + protest !

And so the XLterrestrials have been compiling a little XLT guide of
resources V.1 ... ( work-in-progress ) ...

in order to stay focused on the most urgent issues !

The XLt Guide to JA’s Arrest + WikiLeaks + War Crimes

http://xlterrestrials.org/plog/?p=19054

It's sad to see even in my own circles a heavy + depressing
polarization... around Assange + WL ...

And so i am grateful for Nettime discussions to stay above the lower
frays...  that mass+social media loves to pour gasoline on ... (
afterall those corporate channels are still richly pumped by the
Oiligarchies ) ...

Much more to say, but for now... will leave it at that...

Respex !

Podinski