Flick Harrison on Fri, 31 May 2019 23:54:11 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Ben Quinn: Julian Assange shows psychological torture symptoms, says UN expert (Guardian)

Ugh... glad I blocked Morlock.  Shurely such explicit rape apologism should be grounds for banning?  If not that, then what?  Is this discourse or rape culture we're nurturing here?

But to the point of Assange:  You know who's really being tortured?  Everyone... because of people like Assange who decided that Hillary was "the ultimate crime that warrants any punishment one can think of."

https://sph.umich.edu/pursuit/2018posts/family-separation-US-border.html

Unfortunately I think Assange is being charged for things he did that I would call transparency and journalism, so I think it's dangerous to take sides against him, but I just can't work up any empathy for that little jerk.

There are kids in cages being sexually assaulted, gas is getting reclassified as "freedom molecules..."  We've got freedom to burn!  And the world's most powerful democracy is being sorely tested at every nook and cranny of its civil structure: corruption, politicization of the military, incompetence, nepotism, unaccountability, eroding rule of law, election fraud, even the simple control of the purse strings is being bypassed, and its all accelerating under the skilled leadership of the world's most dangerous con-man and Assange ally.  Hell, we're ALL being tested... my country has its share of up-and-coming authoritarian douchebags like Doug Ford and Andrew Scheer, ready to trample on human rights, the environment, education, health care, etc, and growing ever more powerful as the civil discourse gets more and more strident, twittish and botty.

https://www.google.com/search?q=psychological+effects+of+trump&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab

I can't think of any punishment worse than helping Trump get elected.