Heiko Recktenwald on Sat, 6 Jul 2019 21:01:09 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Nettime is in bad shape. Let's see if we can change it.

Am 04/07/19 um 02:57 schrieb BishopZ:
> Open Archives in return could lead
> to legal risks in Germany, what do you do as a mailing list admin when
> you face court injunctions to remove copyrighted or defamatory content
> from list archives etc. You simply can't risk to let removed content pop
> up again after an archive regeneration etc.

Nowhere else? IMHO the standards for mailing lists were developped in
BITNET. Open archives were the usual case. Then came jurisdiction in
cyberspace and if you want to stay out of jail stay out of Germany.

Germany is a difficult case. They never really leart how to be free.

H.