Alex Kälin on Fri, 19 Jul 2019 12:26:54 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> 'But is it art'? – virtual exhibition about internet art

Hello there,

The newly found virtual museum for internet art 'Natural Habitat Museum' has opened it's first show a few days ago.
The show 'But is it art?' aims to introduce new ways of looking at internet art and considering it equally qualified art, even though it hasn’t always been the case due to the medium it uses. We believe it is very much connected to art history because it reflects our society. After all, artists comment on the conditions of their time, and the internet is part of this.

We are not saying we have the perfect answer to the question 'But is it art?' nor do we claim to have the final interpretation of these pieces. That’s why we invite every visitor to contribute to the discussion by commenting the exhibited works.

Visit the exhibition -> natural-habitat.com/exhibition

Best, Alex