Nancy Mauro-Flude on Tue, 6 Aug 2019 01:17:47 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Activating the textures of Post Digital aesthetics

Hi Nettime

I can’t help to post in reaction this recent arrival into my inbox. “The Artforum archive is now online” It was an interesting to read

the ‘Digital Divide Contemporary art and New Media’ by Claire Bishop as if it was in 2019

https://www.artforum.com/print/201207/digital-divide-contemporary-art-

and-new-media-31944

Her R/W aspiration was positive – did we see call outs for Linux install parties – artist residency etc. on E-FLUX at CUNY?

I wonder if Artforum could have listed an article to counter this tried text in their archive? Instead of erase, lengthy discussions of Post Digital Aesthetics practice over the past 20years.

Perhaps they’ll do that in 2039?

If their bloated server farm hasn’t overheated.

Nancy

sister0.tv