Geoffrey Goodell on Tue, 3 Sep 2019 22:53:02 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> radio nettime: 8 Sept 2019 12:00-13:00

Hi Felix,

I am confused about the source and scope of the perceived threat that has led
to the perception of such urgency to shut down the list.  I must ask what it is
about the current dynamics that the erstwhile leaders find so threatening.

Perhaps it is because I have not been around Nettime back in the twentieth
century, but I see nothing wrong with it.  In fact, I like it as it is.

If the maintainer of the mailing list server would like to quit for whatever
reason, then I for one would be happy to take up the task.  I'm sure I'm not
alone.  In fact, I'd run a mailing list for the oldster-tribe just as readily
as I'd run a mailing list for the youngster-tribe.  I don't have a horse in
this race, just bewilderment about what people find so objectionable.

Yours in confusion --

Geoff