John Preston on Tue, 15 Oct 2019 23:32:48 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Call for ban members

Hi,

I'm learning bass guitar and want to perform, record and use music for
revolutionary purposes, and explore the intersection of musical
performance and technology towards these ends.

Musically and politically I draw on funk, blues, jazz, hip-hop. Tunes
I'd like to play with people include Tower of Power's "Only So Much Oil
in the Ground", Jazz Liberatorz' "Speak the Language", and Jamiroquai's
"Too Young To Die".

I'd like to experiment with live remote perfomance: everyone recording
to synchronised metronomes which we can then stitch back together and
then hear the session we just played. I think it would be possible to
build a system to live-stream a performance of various remote
performers, where the main feed is slightly delayed according to the
most latent peer, with the server adjusting everyone's feed to keep the
metronomes in sync.

Would love to hear from other musicians looking to collaborate :)

Thanks,
John