Željko Blaće on Thu, 12 Mar 2020 11:01:23 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> coronavirus questions

YES - was just thinking along some of these lines...
Without being able to come up with good contributions quickly
to the main set of questions, I focus on 'But also' set:

Locally voices are mostly ranging between media hype followers
and cynical comments of media...luckily majority in Croatia
is still closer to the center than in these extremes.

More specifically in professionalized civil sector
(that I am kind of surrounded with here)
it is frustration with upcoming extra admin work
toward bureaucratic apparatus of funders
that need constant updates and control over
how funds are (not) spent...
There might be also some extra level of coordination
in civil-society-organizations of similar scale needed
to overcome these and other issues very soon,
so maybe it is solidarity in 'care over admin work'.

As for discovering of new it is too early, but there is
evidence of rediscovering in email (likely FB avoidance)
and conferencing tools (seeing limitations of 1:1 in FB).
I expect these tools to become central to compensating
for hyper-production of conferences, maybe revising
what is really urgent and necessary,
rather than a pro-forma/bulshit-event.

In short: "think globally, act locally" transforms into
'ignore global, think trans-local, act glocally' - no?

Best Z