Felix Stalder on Wed, 18 Mar 2020 12:07:47 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Should mobile phone data be used to monitor public health

On 18.03.20 11:01, Laura Chimera wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Mar 2020 at 10:25, Felix Stalder <felix@openflows.com> wrote:
>
>> A1, the largest mobile phone carrier, is providing data to public
>> authorities in an effort to monitor these restrictions (contact
>> tracing might come later).
>>

> What's your source on that? I'd love to read more about it
>
> ~ L

Italy:

http://www.rainews.it/dl/rainews/media/Coronavirus-controlli-sui-telefoni-a-Milano-Il-40-della-popolazione-si-sposta-Aumento-contagi-36f5e30c-8b80-4b0f-a0c7-6f52ff7cea8b.html

Isreal:

https://www.haaretz.com/amp/israel-news/.premium-cellphone-tracking-authorized-by-israel-to-be-used-for-enforcing-quarantine-orders-1.8681979

Austria:

https://www.derstandard.at/story/2000115828957/mobilfunker-a1-liefert-bewegungsstroeme-von-handynutzern-der-regierung

I'm sure there's much more. let's collect some of that.

Felix