William Waites on Sun, 22 Mar 2020 16:30:38 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Should use mobile phone data to monitor public health

James Wallbank <james@lowtech.org> writes:

> And, shockingly, the value of a lawyer who is not working is,
> apparently, greater than the value of a waste disposal worker who is
> working!

Necessary to point out that, at least as of now, lawyers, especially
junior ones taking legal aid cases, are being required to keep working:

    http://www.younglegalaidlawyers.org/COVID19pressrelease

Also the wage subsidy is capped at just above the median wage, so it's
not quite as wildly unequal as you suggest. Though I agree that it would
be better to just treat everyone who is not working equally.

Best wishes,
-w