Heiko Recktenwald on Mon, 23 Mar 2020 18:30:18 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Should use mobile phone data to monitor public health

Am 22/03/20 um 20:33 schrieb Ana Peraica:

> I can here imagine benefits in tracing victims in these unstable
> times (severe weather, earthquakes for example), but also at moment
> electronic monitoring of self-isolated COVID patients, not obeying
> the command to quarantine, but also migrant crisis I suppose?

Monitoring quarantine is special, it is more like catching thieves, you
may get punished, but here is what happens in Singapore as far as
tracing of. infections is concerned. They use an app and bluetooth.
Everybody who was within a distance of 5 meters will be notified:

https://www.axios.com/singapore-coronavirus-big-brother-bd7cec2b-eb47-4b49-a337-f4f4ecff57f2.html

H.