Tatiana Bazzichelli on Wed, 15 Apr 2020 16:15:51 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> PIRATE CARE - Disruptive Fridays #3 – 17 April

Dear all,

we would like to invite you to join our Disruptive Fridays #3: PIRATE
CARE, on 17 April 2020, 17:00 Berlin time!
The video & chat will be live at: disruptionlab.org/fridays

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The third edition of Disruption Network Lab’s new programme stream
- DISRUPTIVE FRIDAYS (live every Friday at 5pm Berlin time) features
a conversation between Valeria Graziano (Researcher, pirate.care) and
Elena Veljanovska (Disruption Network Lab).

We will speak about self-organized care initiatives in times of
Corona. pirate.care researches, gathers & nourishes initiatives
which are taking risks by operating in the narrow grey zones left
open between different care knowledges, institutions and laws.
pirate.care is inviting all to participate in an exploration of the
mutual implications of care and technology that dare questioning the
ideology of private property, work and metrics. Flatten the curve,
grow the care: What are we learning from Covid-19 is their curriculum
that evolved with the Covid crisis. With Valeria Graziano we will
speak about using piracy as a political tool for care and focus on the
solidarity initiatives in Italy that are serving as active caretakers
since the outbreak of the crisis. We will also talk about societal
reorganization and what is the effect of the crisis on women’s
health and on vulnerable groups.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Follow us live on Friday April 17th at 5pm on our website
(disruptionlab.org), Twitter (@disruptberlin) or Facebook.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Speakers:

Valeria Graziano (Researcher, pirate.care, IT/UK)

Valeria Graziano is a research fellow at the Centre for Postdigital
Cultures, Coventry University (UK). Her work focuses on organisational
practices and tecnopolitical tools that foster the refusal of work, a
creativere distribution of social reproduction and the politicization
of pleasure. Together with Marcell Mars and Tomislav Medak, she
is a convenor of Pirate Care (https://pirate.care), a research
project focusing on forms of political activism at the intersection
of “care” and “piracy”, which are trying to intervene in
the current crisis of care in all its multiple and interconnected
dimensions. The Pirate Care Syllabus is a tool for supporting and
activating collective processes of learning from these practices
(https://syllabus.pirate.care).

Elena Veljanovska (Senior project manager, Disruption Network Lab,
MK/DE) Elena Veljanovska is a senior project manager at the Disruption
Network Lab. From 2012 to 2019 she was the executive director and
programme curator at Kontrapunkt Skopje, where among other projects,
with Iskra Geshoska she co-developed the Festival for Critical Culture
- CRIC (founded in 2016). In 2006 she co-founded Line I+M Platform
for New Media Art and Technology, where she was the artistic director
until 2010. Veljanovska has worked as a curator and cultural manager
with numerous organisations and artists.

--
Tatiana Bazzichelli // Artistic Director
Disruption Network Lab