David Garcia on Fri, 10 Jul 2020 13:27:54 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> discussing zoom fatigue

Hi Geert, Micheal et al,

I am exploring the possibilities to work across platforms in a scenario where the lecturer can be present to the live audience for Q&A
but deliver a pre-recorded with illustrations using a camera and moving around if necessary. You deliver this from your shared desk top
function then revert to normal zoom for discussion. However some early experiments showed that the reception of the sound quality
was very poor. I am still experimenting with this. It would be great to hear if lecturers out there in nettime land have been exploring
these cross platform options.

In terms of look and feel Dave Beech a Reader at Chelsea has been releasing a series of IMHO exemplary lectures. I asked
him how he performed the talk so seamlessly and he revealed that he uses an app called teleprompter which is a mini auto cue that he
uses on his phone.

Here is a good example not only for the lecture style but also a good example of making the subject resonate with current circumstances:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjBb1psf3eA&t=1s&fbclid=IwAR1EUiTUC-XVKh7VUAeWxz_GYnkik5V-GbPUB213LHHdG_AWFpcIC9vj-u8

David Garcia