Molly Hankwitz on Sun, 20 Sep 2020 23:32:20 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Addenda: Recoding Crip Tech exhibition 2020

Adding on to my optimistic rant re Lev Manovich sadness:

Wanted to bring attention to this very well curated and interesting exhibition
here in San Francisco by disabled artists and by artists about disability and technology.
Very interesting work combining all manner of technologies to inscribe and describe
the digital realities of our "crip" colleagues. The thought behind the exhibition was
brilliant...I have worked with disabled, differently-abled, and seniors in San Francisco since 2014
who are utilizing technologies simply to communicate, enjoy life, and so forth. It is very demanding
work when we take for granted our own sight, hearing and able-bodied typing capacities.
However, inspiring was this show, and the many realities of bodies not like our own...
surely, as art...something worth believing in

https://www.artnews.com/art-in-america/aia-reviews/recoding-criptech-hacking-disability-sara-hendren-1202678282/#!

molly