panayotis antoniadis on Thu, 22 Oct 2020 20:02:41 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> hybrid exhibition on successful campaigns for digital rights

Dear all,

Our next 7at7 event, November 7th at 7pm, will be a hybrid exhibition on
the topic of "campaigning for digital rights". See https://7at7.ch/nov2020/

It will not be professional. I will collect available material, print it
in A3 or A2 format and hang it. I don't want to collect everything. A
sort of "best of" in terms of their capacity to "touch" people beyond
our small "bubble" :-)

The exhibition will be shown physically on the 5 street windows of the
L200 space in Zurich, https://langstrasse200.ch/, [1] for one week
(Nov3-10), and during the event (on Nov7at7) it will be brought inside
the space to be shown in our online BigBlueButton room and hopefully be
commented by people that were involved in the different campaigns (some
could be also present physically at L200).

So, this email is to ask quickly:
1) If you have suggestions for "visual" material not already included in
https://7at7.ch/nov2020/ [2]
2) If you would like to make a comment/statement during the event about
the topic.

Perhaps we could brainstorm also afterwards toward a cool new campaign
that will make very clear that free and open source software is the
answer to climate change :-) (and why not, also the Covid crisit!)

Best,

Panos.

[1] This is a (long) article published recently at the journal of Peer
Production, describing in detail the design, governance, and
"hybridity", of the L200 space:
http://peerproduction.net/issues/issue-14-infrastructuring-the-commons-today-when-sts-meets-ict/peer-reviewed-papers/central-urban-space-as-a-hybrid-common-infrastructure/.
I can share also a translation of a smaller article in the latest Derive
magazine: https://derive.at/texte/das-l200/

[2] You can reply personally and I can try to maintain an online archive
for campaigns on digital rights, or it already exists? :-)