Jean-Noël Montagné on Fri, 8 Jan 2021 16:01:13 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> made for TV, made for social media

Le 07/01/2021 à 19:25, Brian Holmes a écrit :
In my view, far from being a harbinger of possibly worse threats to come,
yesterday's events were the most positive thing that could have happened.

Hello
Even if I appreciate Biden election, and relative happy conclusion of Capitol's coup, I don't share this optimism.

Millions of Trump voters were told during almost one year, that Trump would win. In the last month, they were told by Trump system that the elections were rigged. These millions people still think that the elections were rigged. Today is a hangover. They think that they were robbed. Today, in his last videos, Trump admitted Biden's presidency. Like a betrayal.

Such disillusionment, after month of euphory and deep belief in victory, will develop enormous frustration, and paradoxically, an even deeper mistrust of what we call democracy. Trumpists to turn to guns, irrationalism, conspiracy theories and violent underground movements even more.

JN