Richard Barbrook on Wed, 13 Jan 2021 01:48:03 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> The Left Needs a New Strategy

Hiya,

I've just been appreciating this passionate series of posts. However, it's noticeable that everyone describes the government of China as the Chinese Communist Party or CCP. I've been told on more than one occasion by Chinese students that this lazy mistake is very annoying for them. FYI, the correct name is the Communist Party of China or CPC.

We should be highly critical of the CPC, but deliberately misnaming it is - as Dmytri could point out - a sign of the instinctive Western arrogance of those of us who contribute to the nettime list.

Richard

=======================

Dr. Richard Barbrook
Dept of Politics and IR,
University of Westminster
32-38 Wells Street
LONDON W1T 3UW
England

+44 (0)7879 441873

Skype: richard.barbrook
Facebook: Richard Barbrook
Twitter: @richardbarbrook

https://www.digital-liberties.coop
http://www.cybersalon.org
http://www.classwargames.net
http://www.politicsandmediafreedom.net
http://www.imaginaryfutures.net
http://www.imaginaryfutures.net/other-works

'Clause 5: That as the laws ought to be equal, so
they must be good, and not evidently destructive
to the safety and well-being of the people.'

The Levellers, The 1647 Agreement of the People
for a Firm and Present Peace Upon Grounds of
Common Right.