Dmytri Kleiner on Sat, 16 Jan 2021 11:28:38 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> The Left Needs a New Strategy

On 2021-01-16 02:22, Joseph Rabie wrote:

China is a single-party state ruled by a Communist Party.

I'm sure that the Chinese workers know this, so not sure why you're telling us. If you are interested in how the Chinese government works, Daniel A Bell is interesting, for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30OGjUCbiDY

At the same time, it has become the leading actor of the global market economy,
with the usual trappings of capitalism - millionaires, stock
exchanges, labour exploitation, etc.

So, like the USA, Canada, Germany and the many other countries, then.

In the face of such contradictions, how might one even consider China
as being capable of furthering any genuinely leftist strategy at all?

Because it has mobilized and militant workers, which is the only thing that makes a left strategy possible anywhere.

As already stated, the strategy I support is fighting to improve the conditions of the people in our countries and fighting to prevent our countries from engaging in aggression abroad.

Judging China is not a part of his strategy, and should not be, because it's a bad strategy. We should trust the Chinese workers to resolve their contradictions, and focus on our own rather than allowing our elite to propagandize into thinking they are our enemies.

--
Dmytri Kleiner
@dmytri