Ryan Griffis on Fri, 30 Jul 2021 19:51:19 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Let the Archive Speak

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Schulman’s book and personal reflections on ACT-UP’s significance, David. It definitely sounds like it’s worth checking out, even if one has read/viewed much of the other accounts of ACT-UP, so I really appreciate your taking the time to post this!
I also wanted to make a plug for another, slightly older (and more academic) book by Debbie Gould - ”Moving Politics” that also focuses on the role of affect in ACT-UP and AIDS activism, just in case others are interested in more reading.
A PDF is even available here:
https://transreads.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/2021-07-15_60f0412da8a40_deborah-gould-moving-politics-emotion-and-act-ups-fight-against-aids.pdf
Take care,
Ryan