Tatiana Bazzichelli on Thu, 30 Sep 2021 11:50:28 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Reminder: POWERS OF TRUTH: China, Tech, Art and Resistance (October 1-3, Berlin & Online)

Dear Nettimers,

I would like to remind you that this weekend our conference POWERS OF
TRUTH: China, Tech, Art and Resistance will be live on streaming and in
Berlin at Kunstquartier Bethanien. As usual we will also offer an online
chat where people from remote would be able to send their questions and
interact with us. Join us in person or online!

POWERS OF TRUTH: China, Tech, Art and Resistance
The 24th conference of the Disruption Network Lab
Streaming and more info: https://www.disruptionlab.org/powers-of-truth

Friday, October 1 · 2021 / Start: 16:00 CEST
Saturday, October 2 · 2021 / Start 14:00 CEST

The conference POWERS OF TRUTH brings together artists, journalists,
activists and tech experts inside and outside China to better navigate
and understand dominant narratives around China we are exposed to from
Beijing to Washington and Brussels, from Silicon Valley to Shenzhen.

The Covid-19 pandemic has shown that politics, economy, and technical
infrastructures defy borders. What is developed in the Eastern part of
the world influences on a large scale what is happening in Europe, as
well as in the South and the West.

What can we learn about methods and tactics of survival, agency, and
hope among the Chinese communities? How can we envision a future in
which the diversity of China’s many ethnicities, identities, and
cultures will be respected? How can we understand the coexistence of
censorship and a pioneering technological and economical innovation in
China?

The conference focuses on the importance of understanding the current
Chinese context analysing three main streams: technological impact,
artistic experimentation and human rights protection in China and beyond.

Full programme here:
https://www.disruptionlab.org/powers-of-truth#programme

See you there!

Tatiana

--
Tatiana Bazzichelli // Founder & Artistic Director
Disruption Network Lab