carl guderian on Thu, 6 Jan 2022 19:29:15 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Well, so long, "California Ideology"

And speaking of flashbacks, doesn’t Mark Zuckerberg’s Meta, a catalog of online activities imagined long ago by others but now to be mediated by not-Facebook, sound awfully like Bill Gates’ vision of the Internet as a collection of 1970s- and 1980s-era electronic services channeled through Microsoft, in “The Road Ahead”?

But I can live with boring. I’ve had a 25-year run (probably wrapping up) in “the cyber” working as the equivalant of an industrial plumber. The pay was very good, the hours agreeable, and the hype minimal. In good times and bad, toilets gotta flush.

Carl