José María Mateos on Sun, 9 Jan 2022 23:12:06 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Pyramid schemes: from Albania to the US

On Sun, Jan 09, 2022 at 07:10:12PM +0100, Felix Stalder wrote:
people are desperate. In the 1999 nettime reader, there is an account of the Albanian pyramid scheme which brought the country to the brink of collapse.

SUBJECT: PYRAMID SCHEMES:
ALBANIA 1996–98
FROM: GENC GREVA <GEGREVA@NEW-EUROPE.COM>
DATE: WED, 30 SEP 1998 11:22:29 -0400

https://www.nettime.org/nettime/DOCS/zkp5/pdf/markets.pdf

I've just discovered the PDFs in the reader with sheer joy. In the nettime link to this collection (https://www.nettime.org/pub.html) it says that it can be bought as a book, but the link to the autonomedia bookstore is broken. Is there any possibility to obtain a copy? I guess not at this point, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Thanks,

--
José María (Chema) Mateos || https://rinzewind.org