Alex Foti on Fri, 4 Feb 2022 16:08:57 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> science wars replace culture wars as new divider in contemp politics

thanks for your critical remarks. true the fascist cancer hasn't spared neither spain nor portugal, but it seems to me that they are not attracting large numbers of people from other sectors of society as it happens in the rest of continental europe (and canada!) with no vax movements.

best ciaos,

alex

On Thu, Feb 3, 2022 at 3:24 PM José María Mateos <chema@rinzewind.org> wrote:
On Thu, Feb 03, 2022 at 10:22:37AM +0000, Andre Rangel wrote:
>Hi Alex,
>
>Thank you for your text. Just a minor correction.
>
>Unfortunately. In Portugal, the extreme right “Chega” was the third most voted in the last election (7.15% of the votes). In Spain Vox is the political umbrela for Francoism/Nazi/Nationalist movements. Vox is connected with Chega. Unfortunately.

I was going to reply to this too. Yes, in Spain Vox is also quite
representative of the anti-vax movement. Santiago Abascal, its leader,
has refused to say whether he's vaccinated or not: https://cadenaser-com.translate.goog/ser/2021/09/18/sociedad/1631954620_782993.html?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp

This is party that is managing to attract everything that's fringe on
the right and extreme right. One of its representatives in parliament
tweeted "Trust the plan" on Jan 7th 2021:
https://twitter.com/Macarena_Olona/status/1347341468218888192?s=20

Cheers,

--
José María (Chema) Mateos || https://rinzewind.org
#  distributed via <nettime>: no commercial use without permission