Pit Schultz on Wed, 1 May 96 18:36 MDT

re: property and territory

>content providers should make sure that they get paid properly if
>money is changing hands.

I think it is time that 'cultural producers' get together and build
their own networks and agencies. If one is open to give up copyright,
one should fight against those making money out of it on the publisher
level, where at least there is nothing to pay any more: no paper, no
distribution costs, no advertisment.
On the other hand the editing is still needed, how to define 'quality'
and how to continously hold it? If a journal and a newspaper are
invented for the print market, what would be the appropriate frame
for e-media?
How one could use the possibilities of e-mail, text-archives, adress-data-bases
to make a cultural production possible where the producer gets payed for his/her
work and not only the one who is selecting and selling her/him. If we talk
about decentralisation and digital revolution then we should think also
about the
positive aspects of it.
Who has made experiences in with similar projects, are there already 'authorship
networks' on the net? Which structure of organisation is needed. what is the job
of such an agency?