Mark Stahlman (via RadioMail) on Thu, 27 Mar 1997 22:33:44 +0100 (MET)

Re: <nettime> metatainment

David (et al):

What!  Can't a poor writer get any credit around here? <g>

Everyone knows that it was my "English Ideology and WIRED Magazine" essay
(published by nettime and ReWired, as we all know) that got the discussion
going on all this at the WELL . . . and they should know that Kevin
responded to the "Goofy" topic that it was me who was most instrumental in
proving the new direction for the magazine.  Yeah, goofy old me. <g>

Nobody can figure out which two paragraphs of mine that he really liked,
however, although informed speculation is that it had something to do with
Louis Rossetto's future job.

And, all I asked for was to replace McLuhan on the new masthead.  Sheesh.

Mark Stahlman
New Media Associates
New York City
newmedia@mcimail.com