Matthew Smith on Wed, 4 Jun 1997 21:49:14 +0200 (MET DST)

Re: <nettime> The Piran Nettime Manifesto

here a some stuff that was found on university mac - a little more food
for thought concerning the zero-work topic...

----

How to Attend a Meeting
                By Dave Barry

To really succeed in a business or organization, it is sometimes helpful
to know what your job is, and whether it involves any duties.  Ask among
your coworkers.  "Hi," you should say.  "I'm a new employee.  What is the
name of my job?"  If they answer "long-range planner" or "lieutenant
governor," you are pretty much free to lounge around and do crossword
puzzles until retirement.  Most jobs, however, will require some work.

There are two major kinds of work in modern organizations:
1. Taking phone messages for people who are in meetings, and,
2. Going to meetings.

(...)

-----

so if this guy is right, maybe we r on our way to "fun&games while paying
the rent" after all...?

have a break, all u hard working writers, theoreticians & artists - or a
meeting (like in ljubljana?;-)

matt smith, posting while answering the fone....

лллллллллл\     				   /ллл/
лллIллллл\ \           	                  ______ /л   /