Matthew Smith on Tue, 17 Jun 1997 19:46:38 +0200 (MET DST)

Re: <nettime> bossy cunts online

Mr. Wark wrote:

>If you get put in a small, cramped
>box, an artist, woman, black or gay box -- you know
>you're in a box, honey, and you find a way to escape.

hmm. all of those boxes seem obvious, exept the "artist". please,
somebody, elaborate...

this whole discussion is a strange one. i kinda thought that is was
common knowledge that we r all pink on the inside, atleast on this list.

but anyhow, since everybody seems to be expressing their personal views,
here is mine:

why should women not have the right or desire 2 flock 2gether in a casual
way, without men interfering - in a similiar fashion as men gather at
gasstations on sunday afternoon showing off their chrome & wheels, e.g.?
i think nobody (female/male) can really leave the society one lives in.
so the different genders seem to have parts of their lives that they dont
necessarily want 2 share with the opposite sex. this fact should be
respected - it doesnt have anything 2do with world domination, its
something "biological";) its all about everybody having a chance, and
that chance definetly has something 2do with the box (see above) ur
living in/come from. and 2 make things more fair, its very important
2 have some people around who are prepared 2 kick some serious ass on the
issue, even if its not "politically correct" for e.g. VNS...special
shoutout to them

matt

лллллллллл\     				   /ллл/
лллIллллл\ \           	                  ______ /л   /