{ brad brace } on Wed, 6 Aug 1997 18:48:04 +0200 (MET DST)

Re: <nettime> Manifestoism? <recipe for corruption>

On Tue, 5 Aug 1997, John Perry Barlow wrote:

> Yeah. Exactly. You got a new elite you prefer.
>
> I'm working for technarcy, not technocracy, in which we are organized by
> ideas and not their administrators. More on this later.

Ambitious individuals might find their creativity liberated, but millions
of others will experience new economic insecurities.

The present struggle seems less about abolishing big government than about
who gets to use it.

Americans are a people who greatly value the autonomy of individuals, but
have not yet learned how to value one another.

--

{ brad brace }  <<<< bbrace@netcom.com >>>>  ~finger for pgp

The_12hr-ISBN-JPEG_Project      ftp.netcom.com/pub/bb/bbrace
  continuous hypermodern       ftp.teleport.com/users/bbrace
      imagery online          ftp.rdrop.com/pub/users/bbrace
       all-the-time        ftp.pacifier.com/pub/users/bbrace
--
Usenet-news: alt.binaries.pictures.12hr/ a.b.p.fine-art.misc

---