000000 on Sun, 27 Sep 1998 20:38:14 +0200 (MET DST)

<nettime> 0RD3R

(09/23/98).
(3+3+3=9) of 19 seats are functionally-defined.
(and incidentially the many innovations we have implemented
(Campaign finance reform in the U.S. failed, by the way!)
(Congress has two chambers, one favoring populous states and another in
(http://Name.Space-Beats-InterNIC.net/law/pgmedia-reply.html)
(http://www.mama-tech.com/boston/). We have documented the
(If you disagree, then I'm interested to hear why).
(If you disagree, then I'm interested to hear why).
(NB: Room change is underway.
(not necessarily ISPs) WANT new tlds.  In a free market,
(Note that Paul has a vested interest in having the new TLDs happen, which
(NSF Director) to Jim Fleming, (one of the new gTLD pioneers and former
(see links to letters, below)  A scenario right out of "Dallas in
(This small Interim Board could be increased later.)  In the Boston Group's
(which does mean changing the status quo!!!) or give up holding on to your
(without the quotation marks) in the message body. After you've
* 1st and foremost, confuses/sullies the dns name space.  Did I want
* 1st and foremost, confuses/sullies the dns name space.  Did I want
* a significant number of
* Adding new TLD's opens is likely to spur more litigation with respect to
* Adds no functionality.
* Adds no functionality. I can already get ibmbiz.com, ibmbiz.to, and
* As I see it, the only people who really benefit from new TLDs will be
* How are free speech and freedom of choice on the Internet being
* Join the on-line mailing list: send a message to
* None of the three major parties in
* The DNS.FORUM will culminate in a live panel discussion on
* The IFWP list has degenerated into
* There is no designated, accepted public forum for
* There is no longer a designated,
* What do monopolies have to do with the Internet? How will this
* What is public opinion about the future of the Internet, Top Level
* Who wants to privatize the Internet? How is it being done? Why should
*may* be defined.  Currently, two proposals for a corporation are being
--------------
--do NOT be ambiguous about whether the
--do not even mention Sondow and his antics in any future messages.
--do not send any more messages under the "conference cancelled"
.com and .biz are parts of an address.
.com and .biz are parts of an address.
.com.tw for their local businesses? The UK is an otherwise very civilized
.net, .org, .art, .com, .media, .gov, .law, .edu
1) The meeting tonight is ON
1, any more than I believe that there could ever be a power vacuum in a
1. CPSR's sponsorship was not financial in nature.  No sponsor gave money.
17 joint proposal of those two players), the "Boston Group" (a group of
1998.  Apparently he was wrong.
2) It is not at the Cooper Union, but if we go there directions to the new
2. Klein's positions were not all official positions for CPSR, because an
2. Let's apply your logic to .uk and .tw; I assume you're already on the
3+3+3+9+1=19 Directors.)
3. Say we stick to ccTLD's because you don't want the hassle of
              65 5TH AVENUE (AT 13 STREET) AT 7.30 PM
                     7 PM, Wednesday, Sept. 23 (tonight!)
7-11: I insert the key, I turn the ignition and, in my case, I floor it.
                    7th Street & 3rd Ave. in Manhattan
<---IFWP--proposed but non-existant "new nonprofit corporation"
<< just curious as to why this arrived in my mail at 9:30 pm?
======
========
============
=============
==============
===============================
a different thing.
A lot of thought has to go into ensuring that the top authority effectively
a message as you requested to the cooper union people.
A single U.S. corporation has a monopoly over them. It decides which
a spook, should stand in the way of the greater good.
about 50 people present, but the fact that the venue had to be
about life in a desultory fashion. Therefore it would also be an error
about the letter, which could prove to be a very significant document.
abuse it is now subjecting them to.
accommodate more diverse constellations of user types.  On a small Board, a
accorded by certain categories.  These include: 1) geography (seats are
accountability and recall.
actually spoke is a bit naive considering DNS administration
added NSF's name to its suit.
Address SO, the Domain SO, and the protocol SO. Much like you will find the
addresses. Recently, RIPE has started to branch into the domain name
adopted.  These seem likely to be preferred by most stakeholders, who will
affect users?
affronts to the nature of the WP process? It is, I believe, utterly
AGAIN, I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT THIS EVENT IS CANCELLED.
against pgMedia, it must rule that NSF had the authority to direct
agreement between the NSF and NSI will end for good on September 30,
ahead with this, and quickly get people to focus on the event and away
all electoral jurisdictions, I'd like to suggest that the idea of using
All Newco by-law proposals also address money issues, and as far as I can
All three Board proposals contain the provision that the "resources of the
already exists (note the number of people who think internic.com IS
already exists (note the number of people who think internic.com IS
already exists (note the number of people who think internic.com IS

already taken.)  But note that this can easily create confusion among
also now see that the U.S. Government is apparently no longer going
also register '.zaak' and/or '.bv' (bovinian islands - can I be the ccTLD
Amendment as a "prior restraint of protected expression," then the
Amendment as is the U.S. government (and its current agents, NSI and IANA).
Amid the folk songs and soliloquies, the debate was not really
among the internet populace as to the difference between a .com and a .biz.
among the internet populace as to the difference between a .com and a .biz.
an acute observer like Jim Fleming, appears so compatible with their
an immediate financial interest in Newco's activities.  To prevent this the
an inflection point and the plaintiff in the case, New York based
An opinion is expected in the next few weeks...
and "educational/non-profit."  Language could be included to ensure that a
and began to make threatening telephone calls to the staff
and by-laws
and express your support for the event.
and government.  Since Newco is to be a private firm, its Board categories
and GTE Corp (09/11/98).
and he gave the distinct impression of wanting to be somewhere else.
And in two letters in June and August from the NSF to NSI, the NSF
and IP number allocation and management.  Too bad it's not running
and Jay Iselin, President of Cooper Union <jay@cooper.edu
and keep some money in the bank.  Undoubtedly, the big business players who
and management of the Internet.
and the other from a "Boston Working Group."  Different versions of a third,
and the refusal of the IANA to include in its by-laws provisions for
and the TLDs are trademarks, not generic terms...Great Job !!!
and then cancel the event at Cooper Union.  Everything was
and without regard for balancing various segments of the Internet
Angeles County.  This may contribute to continuity of staffing in the
announces its co-sponsorship of:
answers to those questions.
antitrust by virtue of the "Federal Instrumentalities Doctrine"?
antitrust immunity in their role as government contractor was less than
antitrust immunity!
antitrust laws, or the judge rules that the NSF's directive for it to
any type of user.
Anyhow, from what we hear and see on our travels, the larger
apparent "one-man organization", so-called "ICIIU", it is
appeared people could only vote FOR the new top level TLDs, not against.
appointed by the President.)  Other Board members were accountable to their
appropriate.  What number? The Internet Society's governing body has 20
are also consistent with the June 1998 White Paper's original principles.
Are Domain Names Free Speech?
are especially concerned that Newco "insiders" -- the Supporting
are only six days until September 30, at which time an Internet Corporation
are the top ones.
are the top ones.
are valid. Now this domain name system may be further privatized. Find
Are you on drugs? What kind of logic is that?
arena, because the writing is on the wall that people are fed up with
arranged and all parties, to my knowledge were prepared to
As described above, the Boston Group makes Newco completely accountable to
As executive director of Campaign for Digital Democracy, an advocacy
As his final shot Manishin produced a letter from the NSF's advanced
As I and others at the forum noted, the public interest/user communities
as the debate over these issues continues.
asserting that he (Mr. Sondow) would physically disrupt the
assistant professor at Georgia Tech and member of the Computer