insomnia on Sun, 4 Apr 1999 13:41:48 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> april 3-4th

ONE MORE BRIDGE IN NOVI SAD DESTROYED! CASUALTIES REPORTED.THE STRIKE
HAPPENED AT EIGHT PM OUR TIME, WITHOUT WARNING.
is there anything more to say? cnn & sky news reporters rejoice over
flames in belgrade and another destroyed bridge in novi sad. that is so
utterly cruel...
for me, this was a deja vu - things happened exactly the same as on
wednesday, march 24. i was at my computer, checking mail; i stopped
writing a mail to answer a phone call and then an awfully strong
detonation shook the walls. this bridge is only five minutes' walk from
my parent's appartment. you will be suspicious maybe and say 'how come
everything is so close to you?' the answer is simple - novi sad is a
small town. and do not believe if they tell you it is in kosovo. it is
in vojvodina, on the opposite side from kosovo. kosovo is southern
serbia, vojvodina (of which novi sad is capital) northern.
this thing done to yugoslavia is the greatest shame of the world in this
century. as i said - pain does not mince words.

---