Grethe H. L. Melby on Mon, 12 Apr 1999 08:05:55 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Peter Handke

Anyone knowing anything about writer Peter Handke? I heard he went to
Beograd, and is celebrated there, and recieving a lot of criticism in
Germany, Austria and France. Where is he now? Still in Beograd? I also
recived this public letter on another list. Anyone seen it before?

Grethe, Bergen, Norway

>The famous Austrian writer Peter Handke, who lives in France, sent to
>the world public and media a letter:
>
>PETER HANDKE :
>The whole planet of Earth`s name is Yugoslavia.
>
>"Thank you NATO. Thanks to a great small writers, from Garcia Marques
>to Guenter Grass, from Kenzaburo Oe to subcommander Marcos, for things
>they didn`t write.
>
>Great step for mankind! For all those on our planet who didn`t
>transform into marssian and other green butchers, yet, their
>homeland, beginning from march 24th 1999., is Serbia, Montenegro,
>Republic of Srpska, Yugoslavia.
>`The Mars attacks`, and with the beginning of marssian attacks, the whole
>Earth`s name is Yugoslavia.`
>`Mars attacks`, and during the marssian attacks Helsinki, Madrid,
>Algerie, Dar es Salaam (the house of peace), Jerusalem, Jeriho,
>Baghdad, even London, Paris, Berlin and Washington will be the part of
>Yugoslavia.`
>
>Handke dated as `from morning noise of air force airport Villacouble
>near Paris`

---