nettime's_indigestive_system on Thu, 15 Apr 1999 01:47:58 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> geertogram 041499 [4]

Geert Lovink <geert@xs4all.nl>
         NATO kills Kosovo Albanians
         JT's collumn: "e-mail uit belgrado"
         LINK: motherated discussion
         NO WAR BUT THE CLASS WAR !

Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 21:34:45 +0200 (CEST)
From: Geert Lovink <geert@xs4all.nl>
Subject: NATO kills Kosovo Albanians

   MEHA, Yugoslavia, April 14 - At least 20 people from an
   Albanian-populated village in western Kosovo were killed Wednesday in
   a bombing attributed by witnesses to NATO planes, an AFP reporter
   said.
   The victims were in a convoy of vehicles and tractors near the village
   of Meha, some five kilometres (three miles) from the border with
   Albania, when it was hit shortly after 1:30 p.m. (1130 GMT).
   Bomb fragments could be seen scattered at the scene, a dusty village
   road.
   Witnesses told an AFP reporter, who arrived on the spot two hours
   after the bombing, that NATO planes had bombed the area.
   Antigona Hasanaj, who lost two relatives in the bombing, said she
   "heard humming of planes and five or six explosions."
   Ruse Gjokaj, from the nearby village of Junik, said she and members of
   her family had fled their home village earlier in the day. Two of her
   relatives were killed in the raid.
   A 14-year-old boy, Muharem Alija from a nearby village Pace, who
   survived the bombing, said that "grenades were falling from the
   planes."
   A local legal offical, Milovan Momcilovic, said at least 20 people
   were killed and four wounded.
   Several bodies, including those of a woman and a girl, were lying at
   the roadside, alongside tractors packed with personal belongings. One
   male victim appeared to have been burned to death.
   Six victims were pulled out of the ruins of a house.