Luther Blissett on Fri, 16 Apr 1999 11:26:43 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Franco Berardi Bifo: Europe, the stillborn ideal

> From: lop1912@iperbole.bologna.it
> Data: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 23:56:14 +0200
>
> This text will be published in the next issue of Tempos, due for release on
> the 20th of April 1999 at:
>  <http://www.mediaevo.com/tempos>http://www.mediaevo.com/tempos
>
>  Franco Berardi Bifo
>
>  Europe, the stillborn ideal
>
>  "People never rave about their mothers, they rave about nations, borders,
> ethnic groups, race, class… in the last couple of years everyone (myself,
> the Pope, Milosevic, Emma Bonino and Marc Dutroux included) have all taken
> to raving about Europe.
>  Europe does not exist, a fact which is hardly worth shedding a tear over.
> Identity is always and only something that has already been lost (or better
> still, something we thought we had) and the more we go on about Europe,
> “Europeanism”, European Culture, etc. the further the spectre retreats into
> the shadows. We have all been taken for the biggest ride on record; a
> united Europe: the Bundesbank, FMI, Pensiero Unico, ENFOPOL and American
> bases all over the place." (luther blissett)
>
>  The empire of catastrophe, national communism and the end of century
> identity disease
>
>  Kosovo Polje, 1989. While the empire of Evil collapses, the empire of
> catastrophe takes its place.
>  The empire of catastrophe is the gospel according to aggressive identity
> affirmation; the bloody ghouls, People, Nation and Race are back to haunt
> us again.
>  In the 1900s, what was wrongly referred to as communism, proved to be a
> powerful bastion of archaic resistance (feudal, bureaucratic, military and
> nationalistic) against the dynamic innovations of capitalism and against
> the trend towards globalisation that can be seen right from the beginning
> of the century.
>  One day the true story of these regimes has to be told, the story of these
> ultra reactionary twentieth century regimes and how they usurped the title
> of communism: the regime in Russia that placed absolute power in the hands
> of the army, the police bureaucracy and the orthodox church; the regime in
> China that shored up the power of the mandarin class, the regime in
> Yugoslavia that let the military caste and priests of various denominations
> (but principally that of the orthodox church) take control.
>  It is now clear that these regimes played the same role as fascism in
> Italy or nazism in Germany and their main aims were to contain the dynamic
> innovations of capitalism, to protect national identity from nomadic
> deterritorialisation resulting from technological breakthrough, to snuff
> out any unidentified sparks of life and to impose the shackles of family,
> nation and state.
>
>  Slobodan Milosevic is an excellent example of a figure who succeeded in
> uniting the bureaucratic class, who had denied freedom of movement to
> entire populations, preferring to incarcerate them in cells of social
> [...]

http://www.syntac.net/lutherblissett
A New Guide To The Luther Blissett Project
last update: April 1999
the endless self-historification. the baffling creation mythologies. the
amazing media pranks. the incredible amount of press coverage. Dozens of
texts and several useful pics (including LB's face). You too are invited to
adopt the "Luther Blissett" multi-use name for communication guerrilla
actions, hacktivism, civil disobedience (electronic and not) and radical
mythopoesis.

'Well, I don't wanna remain underground. There is subculture and main
culture, and I don't wanna remain as one of the subculture at all. More and
more people who like subculture are coming close to me. They nestle close
to me saying "Mr. Blissett", and all of them are weird. I often think "You
must be sick. Take balanced nourishment, vitamins too, and become healthy,
then come to me." I don't like people intending to be underground.' (F. P.
Belletati, Naples, April 7th, 1999)

Re-thinking AIDS:
http://www.duesberg.com
http://www.virusmyth.com/aids/index.htm