Presidential Exploratory Committee on Mon, 19 Apr 1999 06:10:00 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Re: A Policy of Tax Free Technology

          [orig to Thomas Melvin <MurryG@webtv.net>]

Dear Friend,

We are sorry to inform you that we have revoked your permissions to view
the website of the Presidential Exploratory Committee.  The Candidate's
lawyer informs us that this is the wisest course of action with regards to
the Candidacy and your relation towards it, and that more severe measures
would be necessary to assure the Candidacy's health were we to continue
allowing you to view our publicities any further.  The situation that has
arisen is unfortunate, the Candidate's lawyer suggests, and may already
be one of "damage."

The Presidential Exploratory Commission does view this as an
astonishing setback--committed as we are to exploring every angle of
the American voter's participation in the political process. We feel sure
that yours is a voice that the American people needs to hear, that it is
more important that your voice reach the powers that be in Washington and
elsewhere than that Monsanto's does, or Shell's. Alas, since we have been
advised not to present ourselves to you any longer, on orders of the
Candidate, it will be much harder for you to present yourself to us,
and through us to the powers that be--including, yes, the American people.

We will understand if you find yourself drawn to visiting our sister
website, http://www.georgewbush.com/. You will not find there any of
the exciting information featured on our own PEC website (forbidden you!),
http://www.gwbush.com/, but only hortatory ramblings concerning the
Candidate's strange Candidacy. It is a fairly well-designed site with
only minor stylistic problems, and some unfortunate choices of photographs
that make the Candidate and his Wife look not a little infantile. There is
also the matter of the content, which is none. We do not consider these
matters to detract from what the Candidate is attempting to say, however,
and on these grounds recommend it.

If you do feel required to visit our exploratory website some more, you
will find it at http://rtmark.com/gwbush.com/. You will still be able to
participate in the political process directly, there. There are however
more letters to type, and it is harder to remember, so we will not fault
you for any significant absence.

Shortly, at http://gwbush.com/, you will be permitted to view another
kind of exploration, this one more directly concerned with the Candidate
himself, and his peculiar ways.  We have reason to believe that these
informations will prove as useful as have ours. They should be available
there within the next two or three days.

Best wishes,
Roy and Liz

P.S. The case of the U.S. Government vs. Microsoft does not have
implications quite as far-reaching as you imagine.

Presidential Exploratory Committee: Your efforts redeemed
http://www.gwbush.com/

---