Marija Marjanovic on Tue, 4 May 1999 19:48:32 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> (fwd) my side of the story

     [multiple forwards; provenance and original date not known--tb]

From: Marija Marjanovic <marija@sezampro.yu> <mailto:marija@sezampro.yu>

Subject: my side of the story

Hello everyone! I am student from Architectural Faculty,
University of Belgrade, Yugoslavia. Some terrible things are
happening to me and my people (Serbs) and I wanted to tell you my
side of the story. My people is in a very bad position: on one
side, there is our governement that absolutely does not care about
anything except about  how to save their own positions. We don't
support this governement. Belgrade (the capital) didnot vote for
them. Not to mention that we are under media blocade for very,
very long time, and that our ellections were never  fair. In one
word - this governement WAS NOT OUR CHOISE. On the other side
there is USA (NATO forces), which is determined to ruin everything
that stands on its way.  Do you really beleive that they are
concerned about human rights and things like that ? The real
reason  for their actions are: strategic positions (spreading to
the eastern part of Europe, and making "conflict areas" in the
middle of Europe in order to retain stronger than European
Community) as well as economy reasons (spreading the market and
selling the old weapons). Did you know that they are bombing us
with radioactive materials which are secondary products of their
nuclear industry? Did you know, that during the war in Bosnia
(country next to Yugoslavia), USA bombarded this territory and
that women from this  areas have defected babies born today?

Do you still believe that they are fighting for human rights?  We
are in terrible position. If they are fighting only against our
governement why are they attacking civilians? Do we really need
this agression? Don't they have any other way to persuade our
president to negotiate? Do we, civilians, have to suffer because
of wrong governement on one side and agressive ways of USA to
realize their strategic and economic goals on the other? We only
want to live our lives normally. To work, have fun, have families,
have healthy children. We are normal people that is very tired of
everything that is going on here in the last ten years. Please,
help us, by spreading our side of the story all over the world.
Tell this to your friends in Brasil and in the other countries.
Anything that you do can be helpfull. Help us only by thinking.
Remember, this can happen to any poor nation. World should not be
a jungle. Thank You for Your time.

Trully,

Marija Marjanovic