Lt. Crack on Wed, 2 Jun 1999 01:02:53 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> The Thing Newsletter * Summer 1999

THE THING Newsletter                      June 1, 1999
Vol.1, Nr.3
http://bbs.thing.net

Summer 1999 brief... it's hot in NYC and Lt. Crack is on vacation.

[radar-mail]

In conjunction with the radar arts calendar, this new e-mail
service will keep you informed of upcoming events in selected
galleries by delivering timely notices directly to your mailbox.

You will receive a sample in your email shortly.  If you find the
information useful and want to subscribe to this free service
you can do so at:

http://www.thing.net/radar/home.html

[projects]

"Bindi Girl" by Prema Murty.
"... questions our growing relationship with distance and
tele-erotics as a new form of tourism."

Now accepting credit cards for membership and selected merchandise.

[video]

And It's So Good To You, a selection by Florian Wuest.
Videos by Clio Barnard, Bjorn Melhus and Michael Brynntrup.
"A  humorous and titillating moving collage of mediated
erotic imagery, a clever reminder that actors in porn films have
faces too." (All You Can Eat, Michael Brynntrup)

[threads]:

w a r

Bulletin board about the war in the Balkans. Independent reports and
news from all over the world.  An antidote to NATO processed
mainstream Western media.  Just say No to the spin doctors.

t h i n g i s t

A loosely-knit, rotating group addresses a variety of issues,
such as collisions between art, science, and technology; infowar
and hacktivism;  biotech and life science.  Subscribe!

PS: If you forgot your password, be our guest and go to the "Password
for Dummies" page.  Your password will arrive within seconds.