belinda on Mon, 7 Jun 1999 20:44:43 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> { }

apologies for cross-posting.

it's been several days since the the australian senate passed a sweeping
net censorship legislation
(http://www.aph.gov.au/parlinfo/billsnet/99077.pdf). a move unparalleled in
the western world. and it's been several days of silence from activist
groups.

have i had my head in the sand, or is the protest over? does anyone have
some links/information? even the EFA seems to have been relatively silent
since May the 28th (http://www.efa.org.au/Campaigns/stop.html). we had our
rallies, our petitions, and they did not work. but the battle is _not_
over! it is time to create new strategies. does anyone have some NEW ideas
(ie: post-May 28th)?

---