nettime maillist on Tue, 6 Jul 1999 17:57:59 +0200 (CEST)

scotartt: refused classification

<nettime-l-temp@material.net> is the temporary home of the nettime-l list
while desk.nl rebuilds its list-serving machine.  please continue to send
messages to <nettime-l@desk.nl> and your commands to <majordomo@desk.nl>.
nettime-l-temp should be active for approximately 2 weeks (11-28 Jun 99).

Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 22:29:01 +1000
From: scotartt <scot@systemx.autonomous.org>
To: recode <recode@autonomous.org>, "nettime-l@Desk.nl" <nettime-l@Desk.nl>
Subject: [Fwd: refused classification]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: refused classification
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 17:45:26 +1000
From: U.R. Att <U.R@autonomous.org>
To: recipient list suppressed

Dear entity,

We have been working away at Autonomous Organisation's protest site
against Australian Internet censorship, 'Refused Classification'. There
are a number of new materials which can be found at
http://autonomous.org/refused/ and we invite all responsible adults to
view this material forthwith.

We would like to use this opportunity to ask anyone who is willing and
able to contribute some material to our site. You can get the general idea
by looking at what we have placed online already. However we are really
very flexible and our guidelines are very simple; we won't show the
results of human criminal activity (murder, rape, kiddy porn etc) but
everything else is a fair cop.

Not only will you be helping to jam up the system, but your work will be a
featured part of the ANAT-curated section, "Resistant Media", of the
PERSPECTA biennial exhibition at the AGNSW.

More contribution information can be found at
http://autonomous.org/refused_classification.html

As a final note, it has been brought to my attention, that on the
:::recode::: list there are a number of A.B.A. EMPLOYEES using the list to
help enact this censorship legislation. For readers not in the know, the
A.B.A. is the Australian Broadcasting Authority, which has the legislated
authority for hearing censorship cases under the new, draconian laws now
completely passed by the Australian Parliament. These employees appear to
be using my posts about Refused Classification to redistribute to other
ABA employees for discussion about their collaboration with this appalling
government legislation. We don't know what to quite make of this, so we
open the discussion up to recoders as to the ramification of such
list-usage.

regs, U.R Att. Autonomous Organisation Spokesbeing. U.R@autonomous.org

--
>}} sysx sysx.apana.org.au sysx.autonomous.org autonomous.org {{<
    "It's like a record needle cuts a groove into the brain."