James Porteous on Mon, 26 Jul 1999 03:42:27 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> FW: Your Amazon.com order (#002-5101988-4914214)

The site now lists the following when you search for the title:

A Piece of Blue Sky : Scientology, Dianetics and L. Ron Hubbard Exposed
                  by Jon Atack, Russell Miller (Preface)

THIS TITLE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE. The publisher is out of stock. If
you would like to purchase this title, we recommend that you occasionally
check this page to see if it's been reprinted.

Still, the page is worth a gander just the same. The site lists a total of
53 customer-written reviews of the book, ranging from 'Atack (sic)
presents the reader with an unbiased and unflinching look into the
disturbed minds of Hubbard and his devoted followers' to 'It reads like a
vendetta. There should be some balance of good with the bad in any
biography. L. Ron obviously had SOME good ideas, or rational people like
Travolta and Cruise wouldn't admire him so much.'

James

                        J a m e s    P o r t e o u s
    porteous@interlog.com  +  http://www.interlog.com/~porteous
Web Site & Music  Reviews   **   Fiction  **   Freelance Writing
Just because I have an ice-pick in my head doesn't mean I'm a Trotskyite

     Please visit my homepage if you would like to subscribe to
                      E L   R A N C H O   D E   W E B L O
     my weekly list of news and reviews that excite the imagination.

#  distributed via nettime-l: no commercial use without permission of author
#  <nettime> is a moderated mailinglist for net criticism,
#  un/subscribe: majordomo@bbs.thing.net and
# "un/subscribe nettime-l you@address" in the msg body
#  archive: http://www.nettime.org/ contact: <nettime@bbs.thing.net>