artactivism on Wed, 11 Aug 1999 20:10:31 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Call for J18 material

>Dear J18  folks, Street Reclaimers and assorted rebels,
>
>Some people in London Reclaim the Streets are putting together a booklet
>about transnational activism which will include a lot about the June 18th
>global actions. It will be part of a series of 3  booklets published by
>Verso about and by  Reclaim the Streets. (not academic recuperation but
>inspirational agitprop written by activist themselves - you may have heard
>about this project last year,  its the same project which got put on ice
>leading up to June 18th - but its really happening now and is due out at
>the end of 2000) .
>
>We are desperate for images , texts, leaflets, posters, agitprop, ideas,
>rants - whatever you might have that could be part of this booklet which
>tells the story of your actions and process leading up to J18 ( or related
>stuff) . The booklet looks at the increasing globalisation of protest
>concentrating on various grassroots direct action networks such as Peoples
>Global Action (PGA) and the two international days of action the May 16th
>Global Street Party (1998) and the June 18th day of action in Financial
>centres (1999)
>
>It will analyse the rise of transnational activism, enabled by the internet
>and global activist gatherings such as the Zapatista inspired encuentros.
>and document the extraordinary June 18th 1999 international day of action
>in Financial and banking districts, which was perhaps the largest and most
>diverse day of action against global capital.
>
>If you have anything please send it to
>
>Reclaim the Streets book project
>c/o Sebastian Budgen
>6 Meard Street
>London W1V 3HR
>UK
>
>we will send you a free copy of the book when it is published.
>
>cheers
>
>JJ
>
>PS if you wish to know more about this project don't hesitate to email me.

#  distributed via nettime-l: no commercial use without permission of author
#  <nettime> is a moderated mailinglist for net criticism,
#  un/subscribe: majordomo@bbs.thing.net and
# "un/subscribe nettime-l you@address" in the msg body
#  archive: http://www.nettime.org/ contact: <nettime@bbs.thing.net>