Ivo Skoric on Thu, 19 Aug 1999 07:48:21 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Rock for Kosovo

Kosovo's new rulers (and they ain't Albanians) decided that radio
stations have to play 80% of international, i.e. anglo-saxon music.
Nearly 50% of Kosovars are younger than 20, so forcing Pearl Jam
down Albanian ear channels might not be that bad idea, although it
is an unprecedented example of cultural colonialism, particularly
coming from a "liberating humanitarian force."
ivo