nettime's_digestive_system on Mon, 27 Sep 1999 21:10:07 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> yugoslavia digest (nl/de/at/...)

 Subject: Exorbitant fee demand for Radio Pancevo
    From: Vladislav Bjelic <wlad@xs4all.nl>
    Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 14:28:33 +0200

ANEM press release

Exorbitant fee demand for Radio Pancevo

BELGRADE, September 16 -- The Association of Independent Electronic Media
in Yugoslavia (ANEM) advises that Radio Pancevo has received a demand from
the Yugoslav Ministry of Telecommunications to pay a fee of 800,000 dinars
for the use of its frequency. ANEM protests strongly over this fee demand,
particularly in light of the fact that the frequency in question was made
available to the Yugoslav Army during the NATO bombing campaign.

The continuing practice of charging independent media operators exorbitant
fees for the use of frequencies is based on an unconstitutional decision
by the Yugoslav Government. The federal ministry has stepped outside its
jurisdiction and demonstrated clearly that the charging of fees is aimed
only at disabling the work of the electronic media and denying the freedom
of information guaranteed by the constitution.

ANEM,
Veran Matic, Chairman.