melinda rackham on Tue, 26 Oct 1999 17:48:42 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Information as Muse [part 1]

a  parallel comment to info as muse..

In the supposed age of global market economy, deterritorialization and
fluid national boundaries I am continually surprised at the
euro/us.centricity of net.art discussion. fat bandwith seems to have done
little for invisiblity, exculsion and regionalism.

 net_condition is a perfect example - a difinitive survey of net.art which
doesn't include net.artists from the asia pacific region or the southern
hemisphere, particularly japan, australia and brazil, is running a rather
eccentric orbit. one curator commented to me that he didnt know that
anyone made net.art in the southern hemisphere.  perhaps it was a joke.

some Australian links:
resistant-media in Perspecta99,  http://www.anat.org.au/resistant-media/
Stuff art99 http://stuffart.abc.net.au:80/stuff98/index.htm
ANATs links to Australian new media artists
http://www.anat.org.au/links/members.html
Screenarts  http://www.screenarts.net.au/

melinda rackham
	   -[ carrier ]-