nettime's_digestive_system on Sun, 7 Nov 1999 21:34:15 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Chechnya (3x)

1........."Ivan Zassoursky" <iiz@cnt.ru>
2.........Slobodan Markovic <twiddle@EUnet.yu>
3.........Jeff Gandy <jeff@mindspear.com>

From: "Ivan Zassoursky" <iiz@cnt.ru>
To: <nettime-l@bbs.thing.net>
Subject: Chechnya - really another stupid war
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 18:26:52 +0300

Press - is one of my mail accounts, I used it accidentally.

My name is Ivan Zassoursky, and I am Russian.

Chechnya is a problem. War is a problem too. Two wrongs, you see...

Military people see war as a solution. But in fact it's a comitment. And
really one of those I wouldn't like to make.

How do you make a small nation submit, capitulate?

If you mail me some examples for the last century, I may change my mind,
but so far this war lookes rather hopeless. And what is worse - it is the
second one.

You see, these terrorist attacks and Dagestan episode are definitevily a
part of some plan. But I don't know, who is running it. I really don't
know. And I am not paranoid - simply these thigs coinsided too well.

Cheers from the natives.

By the way, nice things are on the way. Russian army has to take over a
huge city right now to let the forces stay for the winter. Prime minister
Putin is in a hurry and under big international pressure.

Let's see what happens next.

iz