Peter Haefner on Tue, 9 Nov 1999 06:15:15 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> nettime announcer

Hi,

am I right with the assumption that you're the editor/publisher of nettime
announcer? Otherwise please forward it to the right one.

In the edition announcer 99.45 [b] was mentioned that an "Auschwitz-
Witness" is imprisoned here in Germany. This guy, the publication/website
making his pr, and the person in charge (Andreas Rohler) were an issue on
another list I'm on. All of us who visited the website and read the story
agreed that this is just another holocaust- denier who's now getting tried
for this.

The only difference to well-known holocaust-deniers is the craftiness of
them in avoiding to explicitely deny the fact Auschwitz and thus evading
to offer a point of attack in a legal way. Several complaints were made
without a result. T-Online, usually pretty quick in cancelling accounts,
in spite of getting the intended message they didn't see a legal reason to
take action since the usual "buzzwords" weren't used.

I wonder wether an normally high-level discussion list like nettime wants
to be sort of pr-channel for pretty shady folks or not.

Cheers
Peter
--

This document was supplied free of defects in spelling, punctuation or
grammar. Check with your provider for possible errors in reception.