nettime on Sat, 13 Nov 1999 17:58:25 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> diversifying the moderation

Moderating nettime is, technically, a simple task that involves using
telnet and pine (or a similar email program). It tends to be about one
hour of work per day/per moderator (though not necessarily every moderator
every day), and consists mostly of cleaning the inbox, approving msgs and
filtering out spam and other attempts to 'flood' the list, and inviting
people to submit content to the list.

In doing this there is always a subjective element and we try to diversify
our subjectivities. Over the years we spread them across three continents
(Europe, North America, Australia) but not across genders.

We encourage women who are interested in the nettime list to volunteer
their time as moderators. Please get in touch with us and we can talk
about the details.